Saturday 23 January 2010

How to answer "What's up"

This is not a formal post.
Since this module is about communication, I think my question is relevant. It is often the case that many people like to begin their conversation by asking "What's up". As I am not a native speaker, I always feel confused about how to answer this question. Answering "Nothing much" to it seems my life is boring and the conversation between the person and I will fall into an awkward situation. If I really begin to describe my life recently, maybe that person is not that interested in. By saying "What's up", he just means hello. So I really do not know what is the best way to answer this question. Any suggestion or personal experience?


1 comment:

  1. Good question. You can say "not much" if you don't feel like talking. If you feel like engaging the person, you can go on and on about your recent experiences. Simple as that!

    ReplyDelete