Tuesday 20 April 2010

Final Reflection

Sorry for the late post! I just finished all my presentations and projects. What a semester!

Admittedly, the workload of this course is beyond my expectation and I put a lot of efforts in this module. But if anyone asks me whether I regret my choice or not, I will tell him with confidence that “ABSOLUTELY NOT!”

Firstly, I like the small class size so that students can interact with each other during the class. Also, we were able to discuss with issues with Brad directly and I think this is fantastic experience for me!

Secondly, I especially find the application letter and resume as well as mock job interview very helpful. Nobody really told me how to write a proper application letter and resume before. However, through this course, I was able to know the basic elements that should be included in a resume and application letter as well as how to have a neat and eye-catching format. Moreover, the job mock interview was so much fun because we not only had to be interviewers but also interviewees. As a result, I was able to experience what an interviewer expected to hear during the interview, which I think is very beneficial to my future interview experience.

Last but not least, from the final project, I understood what a real professional presentation should look like. For science students, I think there is a tendency that we pay more attention to the academic aspects of the presentation. Rather, I believe how to catch audiences’ attention and express our idea effectively and clearly is more essential.

Overall, I strongly believe that what I have learnt in this module will benefit me for my whole life!

Good luck to your exams!!!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Jilu,

    I am glad to know you through this module. I agree with you that the workload in this module is quite heavy and it is also beyond my expectation but luckily we did benefit from it.

    I could see how much effort you had put in this module especially when we were doing the peer teachig and that really impress me.

    Lastly I would like to thank you as i have learnt quite a lot of things from you. Good luck for your exam.

    Xian Rui

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ji Lu,

    I am glad that you have found this course enjoyable. I must admit that I initially thought that you would have some small problems with certain parts of this module given that the fact that you are not a native speaker of English.

    I am so wrong. You can easily blend in with the class and you sure can speak fluently. Anyway, continue to be a good communicator and take care!

    Ciao.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ji Lu,

    I agree with Kenny. You are certainly one of the more fluent speakers I have heard. Also, you remain very positive during your presentations, and it was easy to be engaged in what you are saying. I am sure you will continue to be a very good communicator in the future!

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Ji Lu, for this very positive reflective post and for all your hard work during the term. We all beenfitted by hearing your persepctive on the various content topics, and you contributed well to your team's work and to the discussions in general.

    All the best in your future!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hiya Ji LU!!!! long time no see! i hope this comments find u well! oh boy u said it man! the work load for this semester was really really bad and i found myself struggling with trying to cope with the workload for this module as well as with others....i hope u are doing better now and i iwsh u all the best for your exams!!!! I think i have to agree with you about the resume and application letter part of this course. It was really good and i learnt a lot from it too... i really think this module has helped u alot in terms of confidence and making good presentations! Hope u will continue thriving for success!

    ReplyDelete