Saturday 10 April 2010

Reflection

Yeah it's over! (That's what I really want to say before my reflection)

I think overall our team’s presentation is successful and I am proud of our team because we really put efforts in it and did our best.

As for my own part of the presentation, I feel that maybe I happened to repeat my points for many times and thus made audiences get confused about what I was talking about. Furthermore, I should have acted more proactively in the Q and A session and help teammates to answer more questions. Yet, I also feel that I have made improvements in terms of presentation skills. For instance, I will make eye contacts with all the audiences intentionally. Such a skill is quite significant and I think I was lacking in this skill before. Hence, I think this is my improvement in this presentation.

For the team, I think we should make the order of speakers clearer next time. In other words, we should have a clear order of the speakers and make sure that audiences will know what content each speaker will cover. I believe this time it is a little bit confusing.

Okay, all above is my feeling about our presentation. I really want to hear about feedbacks from audiences! Thanks!


4 comments:

  1. Hi Ji Lu,

    Firstly let me congratulate you and your team for your successful presentation. The presentation was quite persuasive and I would definitely agree in a heartbeat to accept your suggestions and implement it if the situation was indeed real.

    In you part, you explained the various research results obtained which was quite clear from the point of the audience. I especially like it when you categorized your results into quantitative and qualitative results, giving an air of professionalism (based on academia). This makes your results sound as if it has been through thorough reviews and analysis. That is just my feel though.

    I would also like to commend you on your clear intonation and pronunciation. The clear voice which rang throughout the presentation makes it easy to listen to all the time. You had very good voice projection

    However, I think you could improve on your eye contact. From my vantage point, I did not manage to make any eye contact with you during the presentation. Maybe it was because I was sitting at the far corner of the classroom.

    In addition, I do agree with you that your points sound repetitive sometimes. At first I though you were just trying to stress the points. However, towards the end, it got quite distracting.

    Overall your group did a great job.

    Jon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ji Lu!

    Yeae, the presentation's over. I know how you feel too :) And good job on the presentation.

    For your part, you have good voice projection, very good pronunciation, good voice pitching, you know the right place to stress your words on and have an engaging voice.

    While you may have improved on your eye contact Ji Lu, I personally felt that you should have made more eye contact. I dont think you looked at everyone while presenting. Also, I could see that you were trying to recollect what you were trying to say. And when you recollect you tend to look up and it comes across as if you are breaking away from the presentation.

    And I likes your ending. Wonder who thought of it. I thought having a website for your feedback was just!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ji Lu,

    I thought that you made a good presentation too! Your articulation was especially good, you enunciated each word very clearly, and the pacing was very smooth as well. Voice projection was also good. It was thus easy to follow what you were saying.

    Unlike my group mates, I had no issue with your eye contact. I could see that you were consciously making an effort to look at us, who were seated at a corner from the class. Lalitha also made a valid point of your tendency to look up while trying to recollect a point. For me, however, it was not too much of an issue either.

    Overall, a very impressive presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ji Lu!

    Yeae, the presentation's over. I know how you feel too :) And good job on the presentation.

    For your part, you have good voice projection, very good pronunciation, good voice pitching, you know the right place to stress your words on and have an engaging voice.

    While you may have improved on your eye contact Ji Lu, I personally felt that you should have made more eye contact. I dont think you looked at everyone while presenting. Also, I could see that you were trying to recollect what you were trying to say. And when you recollect you tend to look up and this breaks the flow of the presentation.

    And I likes your ending. Wonder who thought of it. I thought having a website for your feedback was just great!

    ReplyDelete